Try this super refreshing take on a summer lemonade. Keep it chilled for a hot afternoon pick-me-up or try it as an evening cocktail with a shot of rum and lemon wheel.
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped peppermint
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped spearmint
- 2 cups boiling water
- Juice of 6 lemons (~2 cups)
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar or honey, to taste
- In a large glass pitcher or jar, pour the boiling water over the fresh mint and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Using a sieve, strain the leaves.
- Dissolve the sugar or honey into the tea, adding more or less to taste. Mix well.
- Squeeze the lemons and stir the juice into the tea mixture. You can save the peels for a garnish.
- Taste again for sweetness.
- Chill the mixture until cold (2-3 hours).
- Serve over ice.