Our house loves spicy radish pods! As a snack with a kick, in salads, as next-level pickles or in stir-fry, we love this time of year. The immature seed pods of rattail radish plants are such a fun seasonal vegetable treat.
Try them in this summertime salad dressed with a basil-lime dressing.
For the salad:
- 1 cup of radish pods, ends trimmed and cut in half or thirds
- 1 cup snap peas, cut in half
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered and sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about one lime)
- 1/4 cup sweet basil leaves and stems
- 1/4 cup chives
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and blend until thoroughly chopped and emulsified.
- In a medium bowl, toss radish pods, peas and cucumber with the dressing.
- Salt and pepper to taste.