Mmmmm, garlic. This recipe is for all my fellow garlic lovers out there. Roasted garlic bulbs are delectable fresh out of the oven. Spread these little beads of caramelized garlic goodness on sourdough or toast, use them as you would in recipes or eat them straight off the bulb.
Simple, quick, and so delicious.
- 6 heads of garlic
- Drizzle of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Peel off the outer layers of the garlic heads, leaving just the cloves attached to the root base.
- Using a sharp knife, slice about 1/4-1/2″ off the top of the garlic head, exposing the cloves. It there are smaller cloves surrounding the head, use the knife to slice a small cap off the surrounding cloves.
- Place the heads of garlic in a muffin tin (so they don’t roll around!) or a small pan and drizzle with oil.
- Cover each clove (if using the muffin tin) or the whole pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Roast the garlic for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle salt and pepper over the tops of the garlic.
- Continue roasting until the juices and tops of the exposed cloves start to brown (~10-15 min. more).
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.