It’s hot and I’ve been working on herbal recipes that are quick, don’t require heat and can be served chilled. Try this light tuna salad flavored with lime juice, parsley, chives and salad burnet (for a taste of cucumber).
My uncle is an ocean fisherman so I used his catch that my aunt preserved. You can scale the recipe to fit store-bought cans of tuna (~4 oz).
- 12 ounces tuna
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 2 Tablespoons salad burnet, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl combine tuna, mayo, herbs and lime juice.
- Add more mayo if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on sliced bread (I used our homemade sourdough) with fresh tomato and cheese.