A fresh take on a favorite dip. This recipe pays tribute to August on the Palouse, for the chickpeas that are soon to be harvested and the basil that is growing like a weed.
Simple, refreshing, delicious. An excellent appetizer or a delicious source of protein in sandwiches.
- 16 ounces cooked chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 5-6 cloves roasted garlic (substitute 2-3 raw cloves)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, basil, garlic, lemon juice and tahini. Blend until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh cut vegetables, crackers and pita.