The flavors of anise and grapefruit pair wonderfully together. In this recipe, we combine our grapefruit mint and French tarragon to craft a delightfully light dressing for summer salads.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grapefruit mint leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup French tarragon leaves, packed
- 3 sprigs parsley, leaves and stalks
- Squeeze of 1 grapefruit wedge, or to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by gently rinsing your herbs under cool tap water. Gently shake off the excess and lay on a towel.
- Strip the leaves of French tarragon and grapefruit mint from the main stems, which are too tough to include.
- In a food processor, combine all the herbs, oil, vinegar and grapefruit juice. Process until well blended and emulsified.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- For best results, let the flavors meld for a few hours before serving over garden salads (try tossing a few pieces of grapefruit segments into your salad).