Zucchini season can come on like a tidal wave, flooding your kitchen with an endless supply of this tender squash.
Here’s a savory take on the classic zucchini sweet bread. This recipe calls for a combination of Italian herbs but you can substitute any herbs you have on hand.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium sized zucchini)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter or oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and incorporate with a rubber spatula.
5. In a liquid measuring cup, measure out the milk. Add butter and two eggs and whisk until beaten.
6. Add beaten liquid ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
7. Transfer the batter the loaf pan and bake for one hour, or until a tester poked into center comes out clean.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
2 Comments Add yours