This simple side dish is so versatile. I love serving it alongside fish, in particular. But it’s a delicious side dish for any season of the year. Serve it alongside meats, vegetarian dishes, at potlucks and more.
I’ve found my (new-to-me) Instant Pot cooks the farro to perfection–chewy but cooked through. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, farro is easy to cook on the stove top too.
You can make ahead of time and chill in the fridge for several hours–this will help the flavors meld too!
- 1 1/2 cup farro grain
- 2 – 2 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 salt
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Cook farro:
- INSTANT POT: Combine farro, 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt into Instant Pot. Set to Pressure Cook-High and cook for 7 minutes. Natural Release for another 7 minutes.
- Quick Release and open the lid. There may be leftover water. Drain the farro in a strainer in the sink, stirring occasionally until most of the water has drained.
- While the farro is cooking, combine tahini, oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked farro, tahini dressing, pepper, green onion and parsley. Mix well.
- You can make this salad in advance and chill in the fridge until serving.