Psssst, garlic lovers, check out this green garlic pesto recipe! Green garlic is milder than cloves, so no cooking or moderation required.
Perfect spread onto bruschetta, toast or grilled cheese. Add a dollop to soups and sauces. Flavor your pastas or breads. Mmmmmm, garlic.
- 1 bunch green garlic (or 3-4 stalks), roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch chives
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or almonds or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth (it will take a bit of time).
- Add additional oil to reach a desired consistency and/or salt to taste.
- Can be refrigerated for up to a week or two.